Medical information for health professionals
NSAIDs and cox-2 inhibitors
- Do older NSAIDs carry the same cardiac risk as cox-2 inhibitors?
- In which patients does the gastric safety of cox-2 drugs outweigh their risks?
- What is the best regimen for patients formerly treated with Vioxx?
Upper G.I. symptoms
- What is the relative efficacy of H2 blockers vs. proton pump inhibitors for specific clinical syndromes?
- What is the best regimen for eradicating H. pylori?
- How long should a patient remain on PPI therapy?
- What is the comparative effectiveness of different drugs in this class, and what do they cost?
- What is the recommended duration of treatment after different thromboembolic events?
- When is clopidogrel (Plavix) preferred over aspirin?
- Which patients with coronary artery disease should not take anti-platelet drugs?
- Who requires treatment?
- What is the right LDL goal?
- Which drug therapy should be chosen?
Type 2 Diabetes management
Falls and mobility